Hokema - Sansula Renaissance
- Fitted with a robust and durable Remo (USA) drum skin
- An impressive 'wah-wah' effect can be produced by holding the instrument against the body or a table top or the back of the sansula softbag which has a special designed resonator material.
- Resistant to moisture, your perfect travel companion
- The vibrations of the nine tines can be easily felt in the hands
- For children and adults, durable.
- add a fitted fiberglass reinforced bag to protect your Sansula on the road ,with resonator top for the wah-wah effect on the go.
- The Tuning A minor with additional tines pitched at B and F., a´, c´´, c´, a´, a, f´, e´, e´´, b´
While the basic Sansula has a relatively delicate exterior (membrane), the Renaissance is fitted with a robust synthetic REMO drum skin. The basic model has a black rubber tension string around the base, while the Renaissance has a raised wooden rim.
The Renaissance is moisture-resistant, and retains its tension under conditions of varying air humidity, thus also retaining its wonderful sound. Most importantly, the Sansula Renaissance has inherited the indescribable sounds of the Sansula Classic.
The tuning of the instrument, in A-minor with B and F, allows beautiful melodies to be produced, almost by themselves. This is great instrument for all age groups.
Tuning ex-works (can be varied): a ́, c ́ ́, c ́, a ́, a, f ́, e ́, e ́ ́, h ́
Measurements: 7.8 x 6,1 x 2,6 inch
High quality wood : Cherrywood for the Kalimba block and beech wood for the frame
- Bag reinforced with fiberglass
- Fully padded on the inside
- with resonator top for the wah-wah effect on the go
- Adjustable shoulder-strap
- Protect your sensual perfectly
Lightweight and durable
Tunning, Books & Tunning Tools
There is a Book for it:
The Sansula book covers a total of 14 different tunings and can be used for the Sansula and the B9.
Every tuning contains numerous musical possibilities.
The scope and Dynamic goes from dreamy slow, or bluesy-cool to powerful virtuosic. Genres from Folk , Singer/Songwriter to Celtic Pop and Bluegrass ar covered.
The 18 pieces presented in this book, will give you examples both on how to use the Kalimba to accompany other instruments and to play the Kalimba as the lead melody instrument.
In the audio section of this book, each piece is presented on the CD as a play-along -version in a slow tempo, as well as a recording of a band version in the original tempo played solely by acoustic instruments.
Every notated exercise is available as a MP3 file, on the MP3-CD as well as in the corresponding online-library. Numerous external video and audio examples, linked by QR codes, will give you a deeper insight into the presented material
Watch Videos and Listen to the different tunings and use our Tunning Tool
We have compiled a couple of videos showing you different tuning flavors and how to tune steps, for your B9 or Sansulas.
The tuning tool has an indention on the top so you can securely place it at the end of the tine. Then it won't slide when you use a hammer to tap the tuning tool and push the tines in or out.
We show you how its done in the videos plus you get to hear the different tuning suggestions.
Create your own Tuning :
Download our Tuning PDF that will show you the possible notes and position of the different tines.