- How to chose a Monochord
- Tuning & Care Instructions
Small, light, and easy to play the Monolini is designed so anyone can pick it up and play, while also being suitable for concert performances. Use for body massage, sound bathing, sound mediation, or to accompany singing.
This Monochord combines energizing overtones with the deeper tones of an octave and fifth tuning and, optional, melody. Spreads the sound gently and quickly from the area where it touches the body into the body itself. With its slightly rounded bottom and lightweight, you can lay the monochord on your back, stomach, or legs for sound massage.
Quality: Hand Crafted in Germany
Strings and Tuning: comes tuned in A, C, G, F or D with 21 strings, bass-overtone-fifth
Monolini in C: rich overtones, character tending to major: 11 overtone strings in c', 5 bass strings in c, and 5 fifth strings in g.
Monolini in A: rich overtones, character tending to minor: 11 overtone strings in a, 5 bass strings in A, and 5 fifth strings in e.
Monolini in G: crystal clear and universal: 11 overtone strings in g, 5 bass strings in G and 5 fifth strings in d.
Monolini in F: for fullness and vibration: 11 overtone strings in f, 5 bass strings in F and 5 fifth strings in c.
Monolini in D: deepest Monolini with strong bass and vibration: 11 overtone strings in d, 5 bass strings D and 5 fi fth strings in A.
Dimensions: 28.4 x 8.3 x 4.3 inches, 4 pounds
Materials: Cherrywood and Ash
Includes: Tuning key, replacement strings, sticks, and tuner.
Training: Free 30 minute training via Skype.
What our customers are saying...
"The Monolini is a beautifully crafted intuitive instrument that is perfect for sound healing with vocal improv groups because it creates a magical music bed over which delicious harmonies can be created. It so easily produces enchanting overtones that a person playing it can simultaneously sit in a meditative state and keep the strings sounding with little effort. People are incredibly drawn to this lovely portable monochord whenever I give workshops."
- Joule L'adara, founder of Sounding Circles LLC
"As a music therapist, I know about the incredible therapeutic value of sound and vibration. I uses the monochord to begin and end her yoga classes, massage therapy sessions, and guided meditations. Because we synchronize with our sonic environment- a principle called "entrainment"- the monochord is a powerful tool that induces a parasympathetic response, reducing heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, pulse and brainwave activity. It facilitates a shift from the busy thinking and doing states to a calm feeling and being state, thereby promoting relaxation and preparing her clients to enter and receive deep healing through yoga, bodywork and meditation."
- Katarina Zech, Board Certified Music Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Registered Yoga Teacher, and Meditation Guide.
How to chose a monochord:
- If you are looking for matching tunings: F and C / D and A.
The Monolini G fits universally to all tunings.
- Read more and watch videos on How to chose your Monolina tuning
- Get Inspired: How do you learn how to play an “intuitive” instrument
- Learn more: How to destress with the monochord
- Examples on How to place the Monolina for a sound massage
- We offer a 30 min online concierge monochord service where we walk you through the different models and talk with you to find out how you are planning to use the monochord. email: email@example.com or give us a call 707-972-0196
Monolini Manual: Download
How to change a string on a feeltone monochord: